Dear all, do u have a problem joining a domain. Domain name change, the network location cannot be reached in joining domain problem ?
how to solve it? First of all, u need to UNINSTALL ANTIVIRUS first.. bcoz some antivirus block this service… secondly.. u can follow this guide. Oh i forgot,
sometime the Bluecoat Server should be restart fo fix the single sign on agent problem..
I am Pete, an IT and networks expert.
Are you familiar with accessing your computer’s registry?
Can you check the following sub-key and tell me what value it is please?
TransportBindName = \Device\
is that correct?
Yes that is correct.
Have you tried a TCP/IP fix?
netsh int ip reset?
yes, tried that too
and the netsh winsock reset
Can you try netsh int ip reset reset.log
also netsh firewall reset
and netsh winsock reset
Then remove ALL NIC’s from the device manager..
(Since you will lose your connection, you can bookmakr this page and return to me afterwards – http://www.justanswer.com/computer/4goyr-getting-error-message-the-following-error-occurred-attempting.html )
i’m on another PC
Then go back to Network Adapters, and make sure your adapters are all gone, including any older ones.
Once they are all gone, reboot and let Windows reinstall them…
Thats a total rebuild of your network connections, to hopefully correct any problems with basic connectivity.
include the hidden devices?
Do you know how to show all hidden devices?
Once rebooted, see how that goes.
If you are still having problems, have you tried creating a new Windows user profile yet?
If the problem is due to some settings in your current profile, that may be a possible solution.
hope not – it’s the local admin profile >.<
Ok, fingers crossed..
ok, failed again, same error message Creating new user account and restarting
Ok, we really have covered all the bases here, so if the new user account does not fix it, then I’m afraid your only other option would be a Repair/Install.
That’s what I was worried about
Some obscure file somewhere may have got corrupted.. a repair is really the only way to root it out.
I presume you have already run anti-virus and anti-malware software?
Some malware can mess up the registry and cause these types of problems.
I suspect a DNS issue on this PC, since I can do everything but join the domain (can ping all the servers) and connect to a network drive. Yes, already ran Malware Bytes Anti Malware, nothing found
Yes, I agree the problem appears to be isolated to one PC.
does this nudge any grey cells? In the NetSetup.log file I get the following line
You don’t have any additional firewalls or security software on the problem PC do you?
NetpJoinDomain: Status of connecting to dc : 0x4cf
Has the problem PC ever successfully joined your domain?
yes, user reported the fault this morning when he was unable to connect to a network drive or network printer
Are you using a wired or wireless LAN?
I made the assumption it had lost Domain trust so dropped into the workgroup Workgroup, asked out AD boys to delete the machine account and recreate it then the problem started
Can you try running netdiag /v
This may show any specific error messages or FATAL errors.
not recognised as internal or external command, operable program or batch file
does the same on my xp box though
does the 0x4cf error in the netsetup.log file hint anything?
It’s not one I have seen before.
yeah microsoft doesn’t have it on their website, but I did find it refered to network path not found (dns issue) but can’t figure why I can ping the name of the domain controller (which suggests DNS is working correctly)
I hate computers
Is the computer listed in the AD?
I get error 53 when trying to net use domain shares as well
I have found a description for your error ox4cf: “Errors on your system may be caused by invalid registry entries and outdated or corrupt drivers.”
what registry entries, and shouldn’t they be repaired by the netsh int ip reset?
Yes, they should, which is why this problem is so puzzling.
And why I suspect some form of data corruption or malware.
where does it save the log file? I’ve just looked in the profile, nowhere
Which log file?
from the netsh command – the reset.log file
It should be located in the % SystemRoot %\debug folder.
that’s what I thought, but it’s not there – I wonder if the command is actually running…..
I don’t suppose you have a backup of the registry?
Would it be possible to try a Repair?
probably in System Restore
I’m going to try that
Ok, let me know if that works.
not going to try system restore, the last repair point was 22nd december 2010. Too far back (It causes problems with McAfee if you go back more than a couple of days)
thanks for your help, is it possible to do a 1/2 accept?
I don’t think that is possible.
oh well, don’t want to blemish your record You tried, good enough for me. Rebuild started now
Incoming search terms:
- the network location cannot be reached for information about network troubleshooting (34)
- the following error occurred attempting to join the domain the network location cannot be reached (22)
- mail pekyai org (16)
- the network location cannot be reached for information about network troubleshooting see windows help (14)
- the network location cannot be reached (14)
- the network location cannot be reached for information about network troubleshooting in xp (10)
- network location cannot be reached windows xp solution (10)
- the network location cannot be reached for information about network troubleshooting in windows xp (8)
- windows 8 the network location cannot be reached (6)
- the network location cannot be reached join domain (6)
- cannot reach network location (6)
- windows 8 bind to domain network location cannot be reached (6)
- espkb sistem (6)
- join the domain the network path was not found (4)
- fix ip espkb (4)
- espkb software (4)
- espkb for windows 8 (4)
- the following error occurred attempting to join the domain the network path was not found win 2008 (4)
- can\t join windows 7 machine to domain error is the network location can not be reached (4)
- network location cannot be reached windows 8 (4)
Filed under: Hardware, Software, Troubleshooting
Dear all, if you cannot unjoin domain or change computer greyed out I did run across this however. As the admin user go to Start > Run and type services.msc in the command window. Look at the Computer Browser service and make sure its started and running and set to Automatic. That is the way mine is.
Incoming search terms:
- apa itu sme warranty (8)
- toolkit komputer (6)
- tools set komputer (6)
- tool kit to repair blackberry bold 3 in malaysia (4)
- toolkit set komputer (4)
- mail pekyai org (4)
- unjoin domain ok grayed out (4)
- Unjoin Windows 7 OK greyed out (2)
- peralatan active directory (2)
- peralatan tool (2)
- peralatan untuk networking kit (2)
- laporan trobleshooting (2)
- komputer tool kit (2)
- juruteknik komputer network tool (2)
- install sistem espkb (2)
- how to unjoin from active dirictory (2)
- espkb windows 7 (2)
- dota lan game hack (2)
- cara reset printer hp laserjet 1020 (2)
- cannot unjoin domain (2)
Likely gomezpeerzone software resetting the
Online Time (min)
to zero same like London timezone. At the specified time,
local time in London was 8 hours behind Kuala Lumpur
update : likely 8.22 am Kuala Lumpur time, it reset today earning after 15 minute
“Next Update in” had been done.
When i can see my earning increase? or when you can see the
earning is increased ? : Earning will be update every 1 hour and 22 minute.
You will see the increment of the earning or the earning increase on that time.
Incoming search terms:
- espkb certificate error (12)
- cara install espkb (8)
- gomezpeerzone reset today earning (4)
- masalah espkb windows 7 64bit (4)
- when gomezpeerzone reset today earning (4)
- kad pengenalan tiada dalam sistem espkb (4)
- cara nak print espkb (4)
- gomezpeerzone (4)
- gomezpeerzone timezone (4)
- espkb certificate (4)
- espkb windows 7 (2)
- espkb certificate error malaysia (2)
- gomezpeerzone earnings reset (2)
- espkb 64bit (2)
- espkb 64 bit (2)
- error espkb kad pengenalan anda tiada dalam sistem (2)
- yhs-002 (2)
- cara nak kuar wet kwsp (2)
- cara nak keluar epf untuk beli rumah (2)
- cara install espkb windows 7 (2)