Garmin has made available MalSingMaps (MSM) Malaysia/Singapore/Brunei NT 2010.40 (2010-Q4) for free update now.
You can click here to download the installation file of MalSingMaps Malaysia/Singapore/Brunei NT 2010.40 from Garmin server. The download file is split into 4, and you just need to download the file relevant to your Garmin GPS navigator:
- nuvi 3790
- nuvi 1460, 1350, 765 or 255w
- nuvi 1250
- nuvi 205 or 205w
Due to this improvement, the installation file is much more smaller than the previous version. For example, the installation file for nuvi 255w is now 237MB only (compared with previous version’s 743MB)
The installation program will update gmapprom1.img, gmapprom1.unl, gmap3d.img and SGMYMAL.JCV into your Garmin GPS navigator. As nuvi 255w doesn’t support 3D maps, if you are installing to this model, gmap3d.img will automatically be removed during the end of the installation process.
During the installation process, you’ll be asked for the unlock key. The key is stored in the existing gmapprom1.unl file in your Garmin GPS navigator, which you can open with Notepad or any text editor. Just copy and paste the key to the installer when asked.
UPDATE : the important thing, if you failed to install the update (” incase of NEED the SDCARD but i don’t have it ” ), you can manually extract it.
After that, you must edit the gmapprom1.unl in garmin’s device. i just paste my license from the garmin’s web to this file.
2. copy paste gmapprom1.img to root folder of your device.
3. copy paste SGMYMAL.JCV to JCV folder of your device.
- Update Traffic Message Channel in Singapore
- DPOI of Singapore
- Add more POIs, postal code data and laneinfo of Singapore
- Extended road shield of Singapore & Malaysia
- Trails are built into the map
- Road Signs value-added
- Synchronize to Malsingmaps v5.00
- Extending more Junction Views for complex intersection around Malaysia
Surprisingly, this version has a smaller SGMYMAL.JCV file of size 217,747kb only (compared with the previous 352,764kb), but it contains more Junction View pictures and more lane assist triggers.
It seems that the Garmin release of MSM has improved a lot over the year. But i think the best is MFM
source : http://voyager8.blogspot.com/2010/11/garmin-releases-malsingmaps.html
Incoming search terms:
- peta malaysia (42)
- sgmymal jcv (34)
- gps terbaik di malaysia (26)
- peta malaysia terkini (22)
- sgmymal jcv download (22)
- gps terbaik (20)
- peta malaysia 3d (16)
- junction view garmin (12)
- peta gps malaysia (12)
- malsing jcv (12)
- garmin junction view download (12)
- pejabat asb johor (12)
- peta malaysia yang terkini (10)
- garmin nuvi 255w junction view (10)
- garmin jcv (10)
- sgmymfm jcv (10)
- nuvi 255w jcv (8)
- garmin folder structure (8)
- junction view garmin 255w (8)
- kemaskini peta GPS (8)
Selepas anda muat turun, anda perlu runkan file tersebut.
penghargaan : malfreemaps
Incoming search terms:
- peta malaysia (564)
- how to update garmin map malaysia (206)
- peta gps malaysia (154)
- garmin update (152)
- peta gps (148)
- how to update garmin map (130)
- garmin update malaysia (126)
- garmin map update malaysia (124)
- garmin map update (114)
- peta malaysia terkini (108)
- garmin malaysia map update (106)
- garmin malaysia map (106)
- update garmin malaysia map (98)
- garmin malaysia (98)
- garmin malaysia update (96)
- garmin map malaysia (82)
- update garmin malaysia (74)
- update garmin map (72)
- update garmin (71)
- update garmin map malaysia (60)
Are you confuse about the files and folder structure in Garmin Nuvi GPS device ?
Here you can know the folder and file structure of the Garmin Nuvi device.
- Diag folder – used by Garmin
- ExtData folder – used by Garmin
- GPX folder – stores your trip log and YOUR FAVOURITE saved location (the loves icon). You can open the GPX files within this folder with Mapsource.
- Help folder – stores help files in different languages
- JCV folder – stores Junction View files on models which support such feature
- JPEG folder – stores Nuvi’s default pictures and splash screens. You can add more jpg files into this folder
- POI folder – stores custom POI and travel guide files. These files are with .GPI extensions. It is ok to delete these files if you are sure you don’t want them
- RemoteSW folder – used by Garmin
- scrn folder – stores your screen capture images. The files are in bitmap (BMP) format and could be opened with Window’s Paint application
- Text folder – stores default and custom messages and keyboard layouts. These are text files with .GTT extensions. You can edit them with a text editor. More info
- Vehicle folder – stores Garmin vehicle icons. Files are with .SRF extension. You can add and delete these files. More info
- Voice folder – stores Garmin voice guidance files. Files are with .VPM extension. You can delete unused voice files but do so with care. More info
- GarminDevice.xml – stores information about your Nuvi to facilitate tranfer of data to/from your Nuvi. Leave this file alone.
- gmapbmap.img – Garmin base map (worldwide map)
- gmapprom.img – Garmin pre-programmed (preloaded) map. Back up this file before deleting or overwriting it.
- gmapprom1.img – Garmin pre-programmed (preloaded) map. Back up this file before deleting or overwriting it.
- gmapsupp.img – This is the common file name for Garmin maps including those from MFM.
- gmapsupp.unl – Unlock code file for Garmin supplementary map.
- gmaptz.img – Garmin time zone map. Leave this file alone.
- GUPDATE.GCD – Used for Garmin firmware update. Leave this file alone.
- Locales.xml – stores default language, currency sign, time zone, etc settings for different countries. Leave this file alone.
source : http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2157
Incoming search terms:
- garmin nuvi file structure (264)
- kasut kanvas (202)
- garmin file structure (180)
- garmin folder structure (162)
- garmin gtt (126)
- garmin directory structure (108)
- garmin nuvi folder structure (68)
- Garmin File Extension GCD (56)
- garmin files structures (48)
- garmin nüvi directory structure (48)
- garmin gtt files (48)
- garmin gps directory structure (48)
- 3:/usr/share/garmin/gtt/Locales xml (36)
- ERROR: cannot open 3:/usr/share/garmin/gtt/Locales xml (34)
- garmin nuvi files structure (32)
- nuvi file structure (28)
- ERROR: cannot open \3:/usr/share/garmin/gtt/Locales xml\ (26)
- /usr/share/garmin/gtt/locales xml (22)
- garmin text folder (20)
- cannot open 3:/usr/share/garmin/gtt/Locales xml (20)