Garmin Nuvi GPS Folders and Files Structure
Are you confuse about the files and folder structure in Garmin Nuvi GPS device ?
Here you can know the folder and file structure of the Garmin Nuvi device.
- Diag folder – used by Garmin
- ExtData folder – used by Garmin
- GPX folder – stores your trip log and YOUR FAVOURITE saved location (the loves icon). You can open the GPX files within this folder with Mapsource.
- Help folder – stores help files in different languages
- JCV folder – stores Junction View files on models which support such feature
- JPEG folder – stores Nuvi’s default pictures and splash screens. You can add more jpg files into this folder
- POI folder – stores custom POI and travel guide files. These files are with .GPI extensions. It is ok to delete these files if you are sure you don’t want them
- RemoteSW folder – used by Garmin
- scrn folder – stores your screen capture images. The files are in bitmap (BMP) format and could be opened with Window’s Paint application
- Text folder – stores default and custom messages and keyboard layouts. These are text files with .GTT extensions. You can edit them with a text editor. More info
- Vehicle folder – stores Garmin vehicle icons. Files are with .SRF extension. You can add and delete these files. More info
- Voice folder – stores Garmin voice guidance files. Files are with .VPM extension. You can delete unused voice files but do so with care. More info
- GarminDevice.xml – stores information about your Nuvi to facilitate tranfer of data to/from your Nuvi. Leave this file alone.
- gmapbmap.img – Garmin base map (worldwide map)
- gmapprom.img – Garmin pre-programmed (preloaded) map. Back up this file before deleting or overwriting it.
- gmapprom1.img – Garmin pre-programmed (preloaded) map. Back up this file before deleting or overwriting it.
- gmapsupp.img – This is the common file name for Garmin maps including those from MFM.
- gmapsupp.unl – Unlock code file for Garmin supplementary map.
- gmaptz.img – Garmin time zone map. Leave this file alone.
- GUPDATE.GCD – Used for Garmin firmware update. Leave this file alone.
- Locales.xml – stores default language, currency sign, time zone, etc settings for different countries. Leave this file alone.
source : http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2157
Incoming search terms:
- garmin nuvi file structure (264)
- kasut kanvas (202)
- garmin file structure (180)
- garmin folder structure (162)
- garmin gtt (126)
- garmin directory structure (108)
- garmin nuvi folder structure (68)
- Garmin File Extension GCD (56)
- garmin files structures (48)
- garmin nüvi directory structure (48)
- garmin gtt files (48)
- garmin gps directory structure (48)
- 3:/usr/share/garmin/gtt/Locales xml (36)
- ERROR: cannot open 3:/usr/share/garmin/gtt/Locales xml (34)
- garmin nuvi files structure (32)
- nuvi file structure (28)
- ERROR: cannot open \3:/usr/share/garmin/gtt/Locales xml\ (26)
- /usr/share/garmin/gtt/locales xml (22)
- garmin text folder (20)
- cannot open 3:/usr/share/garmin/gtt/Locales xml (20)
You might also like :
|Garmin SGMYMAL.JCV Junction view Lane Assist 2011 Garmin has...||MYSQL Database Structure Field is Case Sensitive when you are...||Bagaimana mengemaskinikan peta Garmin Malaysia ...|